Hand Building and Mishima Spirit Bottle & Cup Set
February 28, 2022 - April 4, 2022
Mondays 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Mishima is a technique that creates extremely fine lines and intricate designs on your pots. It is achieved by incising lines into the pot surface, then inlaying colored slip or underglaze into the main clay body of a pot.
In this class we will be hand building our own Spirit (whiskey or sake) bottle, cup & funnel sets and then ornamenting them by using the Mishima technique.
Students should bring to the first day of class:
- cone 6 white bodied clay (studio approved)
- plastic storage container with a well fitting lid for keeping your work damp & workable either 15”L x 11”W x 11″H (6 gallon) or 15 “L x 11”W x 5 “H (3 gallon)
- red rubber rib
- sketch book
- permanent fine point marker
- visual reference material (images you would like to put on your pots)
- needle tool and/or xacto knife
- smooth round clay sponge
- plastic plate or palette
- 1” soft bristled brush container for water masking tape
To receive a discounted price, you have three options:
If you're not a member:
Purchase a membership along with a class or event registration, and the discount will be applied in your cart.
If you are a member, and you purchased your membership on this website:
log into your account and the discount will be applied in your cart. You can log in before your purchase, or during the checkout process.
If you are a member, and you did not purchase your membership on this website:
Log in with the email address we have on file for you. If you haven't logged into this website before, you'll need to reset your password first.
If you are a member, and you're having an issue logging in:
Purchase a registration for a class or event, and then call or email the museum, and we will be happy to apply the discount to your purchase.